[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay? No, game framework
Gameplay? No, game framework
SpaceCoreDate: Friday, 18.11.2011, 17:04 | Message # 1
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Antarctica
I think that instead of having any gameplay on its own, the SE should stay true to its name - and be an engine instead.

Why make Engineer code gameplay that not everyone might necessarily like, if he could just implement basic things (physics, asset loader/editor, networking, etc.), tie it all to some scripting and let people make their own gameplay instead, in form of simple scripts/mods people could upload and play, and most important - work on by themselves without wasting Engineer's time and letting him improve the engine itself?

jtmedinaDate: Friday, 18.11.2011, 18:06 | Message # 2
Space Pilot
Spain
I'd like SpaceEngine to have the kind simulation/gameplay of Orbiter. Not a shooter but using Newtonian physics to orbit planets, dock in space stations and reentry on a planet.

TalismanDate: Friday, 18.11.2011, 18:56 | Message # 3
Pioneer
United States
I feel the same way, gameplay could be cool but just having multiplayer and exploring the universe with many people would be enough gameplay for me cool

ThursDate: Friday, 18.11.2011, 19:51 | Message # 4
Astronaut
United States
I actually agree with this idea. With a good framework this would likely be an exciting opportunity for coders to try new space gameplay ideas.

RobbieDate: Saturday, 19.11.2011, 15:57 | Message # 5
Pioneer
Group: Global Moderators
United Kingdom
You guys are only iterating gameplay ideas that have already been cogitated here. IMO SpaceEngine should inspire us to want more from it anyway, the engine needs to be more than just a simulator. To me it has so much more potential to be something greater, especially if it got made into a series of games that could open up far more diversity in game-play that other games have not even done to date. There is potential here to create the perfect dream game for any player. smile

Quad Core i7 930 CPU o/c 3.8 GHz - 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ATI HD 5870 1024Mb - Intel SSD X25-M Gen 2 - Win 7 64-bit
Add Your PC Spec To Your Signature Or Post It Here

SpaceCoreDate: Saturday, 19.11.2011, 19:17 | Message # 6
Space Tourist
Antarctica
Fine, but I'd still like to be able to script some interesting or outright silly stuff for it.

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 24.11.2011, 01:20 | Message # 7
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
I plan to make an SE SDK and write my own game for it. Then I will probably commercialize the SDK and sale it to game development companies, but keep the SE Simulator free.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay? No, game framework
Page 1 of 11
Search: