[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 3 of 3«123
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Noctis-Style Gameplay
Noctis-Style Gameplay
lexrazorDate: Friday, 27.04.2012, 23:07 | Message # 31
Astronaut
Group: Users
Bulgaria
I thought wormholes didnt have the same characteristics as the black holes.

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 28.04.2012, 01:06 | Message # 32
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
They have smile

lexrazorDate: Sunday, 29.04.2012, 13:45 | Message # 33
Astronaut
Bulgaria
how so? werent wormholes a theoretical astronomical phenomenon which supposedly bends time and space to connect two or more points of the universe? and black holes are ... well.. collapsed massive stars. the only common thing between them that i can think of is that the gravitational forces in both are extremely strong (tho a wormhole's gravitational pull shouldn't be as strong as a black hole's) and we cant realyl talk about stability in either cause we havent observed the first cause its hypothetical and the other cause one would probably die before having a chance to make a solid conclusion lol

AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 29.04.2012, 19:17 | Message # 34
Pioneer
Russian Federation
lexrazor, black holes are actually bending time and space too, so many suggest also that they can possibly connect some parts of "common" space on great distances. Though no one ever observed these objects directly, you can detect them by their gravitational well, that bends light from distant stars.

Edited by Aerospacefag - Sunday, 29.04.2012, 19:32

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 29.04.2012, 22:21 | Message # 35
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
lexrazor, look at wormhole flyby video and compare it with black hole:

http://www.spacetimetravel.org/

Wormholes are actually black holes with modified internal topology (singularity replaced with tube connected to another wormhole). Their external topology is equivalent to a black hole's. This means that a space ship can survive a flyby through it only if the wormhole is hundreds of AU in diameter (equivalent to a super-massive black hole in the center of the galaxy), or if the space ship is a nano space ship and the wormhole is several meters in diameter (so it creates a gravitational field compared to Jupiter's).

ShadowstarDate: Monday, 30.04.2012, 08:15 | Message # 36
Observer
United States
What about super-huge wormholes in intergalactic space? These could be truly immense and possibly useful for moving from one part of the universe to another, perhaps as a way of reaching distant galaxies, though it seems detecting them and actually utilizing them would be tricky. Still, not impossible, and if nothing else, they would be a scientifically fascinating thing to discover.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 30.04.2012, 09:33 | Message # 37
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote (Shadowstar)
What about super-huge wormholes in intergalactic space? These could be truly immense and possibly useful for moving from one part of the universe to another, perhaps as a way of reaching distant galaxies, though it seems detecting them and actually utilizing them would be tricky. Still, not impossible, and if nothing else, they would be a scientifically fascinating thing to discover.

As far as my knowledge goes on wormholes they would require vast amounts of negative energy. Such energies in large deposits most likely don't exist and any forming wormholes would collapse in on themselves. Doesn't seem very realistic to include them in Space Engine.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

lexrazorDate: Monday, 30.04.2012, 14:04 | Message # 38
Astronaut
Bulgaria
SpaceEngineer, the fact that the wormholes dont have the singularity makes a big difference in my opinion. i've watched representations of how a theoretical wormhole might look and as i've seen it is somewhat different from the way a black hole bends the light from starts. Though i agree with you about the topology and characteristics of the working forces in both. My general point was that exactly because of the singularity one cant pass through a black hole. As you said the existing "tunnel" that connects two wormholes would allow a well equipt ship to pass through it (depending on the integrety and stability pf the wormhole) instead of being crushed into a single point.

Aerospacefag, im not sure how can a black hole connect two points in space or time. Take this for example: If a black hole comes near a planet or star it basically rips it appart and consumes it disposing of the excess material in the form of plasma jets if i remember corectly. If your theory is corect then all the material would reappear in another point in the universe. I dont know about you but i personaly think that's highly unlikely.

Joey_PenguinDate: Thursday, 05.07.2012, 18:06 | Message # 39
Pioneer
United States
For years I have dreamed of exploring this galaxy and discovering new, unique worlds. You went the extra mile and gave us an entire universe. Alessandro Ghignola can take his time with Noctis V. SE is like Noctis 300! Thank you.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Noctis-Style Gameplay
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: