Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 3 of 6«123456»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » How space battles would be in SE?
How space battles would be in SE?
HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 19.02.2014, 16:57 | Message # 31
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote GHawkins ()
Will colonizing a dead, atmosphere-less world be more expensive than colonizing a terra?

When you have the technology to gather any resources you need, to turn them into anything you want, and to generate all the power you need to drive the process, is expense even a factor anymore? Would there be any need for a currency-based economy?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 19.02.2014, 18:58 | Message # 32
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
When you have the technology to gather any resources you need, to turn them into anything you want, and to generate all the power you need to drive the process, is expense even a factor anymore? Would there be any need for a currency-based economy?

Yes, all is a question of time. If you have small reactor and a single robot, you still could be able to build a dome or a shuttle, but this may require unacceptably big amount of time. So destroying player's infrastructure may throw him back in development for many weeks.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 19.02.2014, 20:39 | Message # 33
Cosmic Curator
United States
In a game of conquest and empire-building that would make sense. But in a game of exploration it would not, except as a tool for griefers to troll other players.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

JCandeiasDate: Wednesday, 19.02.2014, 21:35 | Message # 34
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
When you have the technology to gather any resources you need, to turn them into anything you want, and to generate all the power you need to drive the process, is expense even a factor anymore?

Yes. Because to gather resources needs time and effort, and ditto for power generation, so there's always a value attached to each activity. This, in turn, means that the more efficient you are in doing it, the cheaper you can do it. You may not need to have a currency-based economy, but you will always have some sort of economy.

Even life itself is a sort of economy.

They let me use this!

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 21.03.2014, 14:16 | Message # 35
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Nice videos, showing today marine battle using aviation. No StarWars-like dogfights, distances of hundreds of kilometers. And this is just marine ships and jet planes!

CesrateDate: Wednesday, 02.04.2014, 02:14 | Message # 36
Astronaut
Group: Users
China
3 things:
Is there a very good way to protect passengers under high G-force? Theoretically by keeping every molecule accelerated synchronously things will be all right, but technically there're many questions.
Relativistic aberration and Doppler effect on stars. There're many simulations though.
The bombardment of atoms in the space while moving at relativistic speed. Ships may be lighted up by such a bombardment.

SCDate: Monday, 21.04.2014, 03:41 | Message # 37
Observer
Group: Newbies
Japan
A multi-player space-sim game?! If Space Engine can do that they will crush Elite dangerous, Star Citizen and EVE!!!

CesrateDate: Monday, 21.04.2014, 05:09 | Message # 38
Astronaut
China
Quote SC ()
A multi-player space-sim game?! If Space Engine can do that they will crush Elite dangerous, Star Citizen and EVE!!!

I doubt as, yeah, many geeks will love this but just see how many guys are playing FSX or X-Plane.

schwarzwolfDate: Monday, 28.04.2014, 00:28 | Message # 39
Astronaut
Germany
We won't see the enemy in a normal Battle. Possible we could see some pictures of it on a monitor or from the scanners on distances of thousands to millions of kilometers/miles. Guided long range missiles could fly large distances. Even railguns without the friction and the range from lasers is aswell very high.
For ion or plasma canons i don't know. They would be more short distance weapons, because the energy would disperse very fast. So donno if they would be even used in space battles. I think more of missiles, railguns and lasers in a a more real space battle.
Plasma weapons woudn't work in atmospheres aswell, because they would disperse even faster..

lupusDate: Thursday, 05.06.2014, 20:28 | Message # 40
Observer
Poland
But why even battle? If a further gameplay has to be added, I'd like to see something economic-like. You colonize planets, set up industry and trade goods with other players. It's no mystery that space battles we know from the space operas mainstream are most unrealistic and simply don't fit here.

Billy_MayesDate: Thursday, 05.06.2014, 21:47 | Message # 41
Pioneer
Finland
Quote lupus ()
If a further gameplay has to be added, I'd like to see something economic-like.

SpaceEngineer has plans for this, if he gets the needed money.

$250 000 - MMORPG Sandbox Game

Space combat system with realistic physics
Unlimited capabilities for players: research, building, trading, fighting
Colonizing and terraforming planets, building cities

Destruction of enemy ships, cities, and even entire planets

Reminds me of EVE Online.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Quad-Core - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB VRAM - 4GB RAM - 1680x1050 75 Hz Samsung screen

lupusDate: Thursday, 05.06.2014, 22:07 | Message # 42
Observer
Poland
Jeez, that sounds awesome. And I thought that Starbound is going to eat my life and turn me into lifeless mass sitting on a computer. biggrin

schwarzwolfDate: Wednesday, 11.06.2014, 13:05 | Message # 43
Astronaut
Germany
Quote lupus ()
But why even battle? If a further gameplay has to be added, I'd like to see something economic-like. You colonize planets, set up industry and trade goods with other players. It's no mystery that space battles we know from the space operas mainstream are most unrealistic and simply don't fit here.

Yes, i can only agree here. I am aswell a large fan from sandbox games, where you can build and create. PVP is something i normaly avoid. Heard already, that we will most likely have PvP in a possible online mode. So i will most likely stay more in single player or local multiplayer (if something like this will exist).

Zaddy23Date: Tuesday, 24.06.2014, 07:49 | Message # 44
Space Pilot
Australia
Quote schwarzwolf ()
You colonize planets, set up industry and trade goods with other players.

I want that too, I always am more of a trader whenever I play Spore, makes me feel useful. cool

Along with fezes and bowties, brown dwarves are cool.

Edited by Zaddy23 - Tuesday, 24.06.2014, 07:50

BillymarioDate: Sunday, 27.07.2014, 21:51 | Message # 45
Space Tourist
United Kingdom
Guys maybe the Sol system would be PVP protected so no PVP is their and you could spawn there or something like that

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » How space battles would be in SE?
Page 3 of 6«123456»
Search: