Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Submarine Geography on Oceania? (Question of science v. game)
Submarine Geography on Oceania?
mindless_toolDate: Thursday, 02.01.2014, 23:51 | Message # 1
Group: Newbies
United States
In my travels using Space Engine, I frequently come across Oceania worlds, and they are gorgeous. But even with 3D water on, I find that beneath the waves they are quite boring. One of the things that makes 3D water worth having is being able to see submarine geography when water is crystal clear.

Is there a scientific reason for the lack of geography under Oceania planets? Or is it something that hasn't been touched upon yet that will be seen in a later version?
DeathStarDate: Friday, 03.01.2014, 00:15 | Message # 2
Group: Users
In the TODO list, it says that underwater worlds are planned. I am assuming this means underwater vents, trenches and other stuff like that. IMO stuff like coral reefs and algae should also be simulated on worlds with life.
apenpaapDate: Friday, 03.01.2014, 01:06 | Message # 3
World Builder
Yeah, it would be amazing if you could find oceanic ridges and abysses and coral reefs and stuff. Landscapes are improved pretty much every version, so it's only a matter of time before underwater geography becomes more interesting.

I occasionally stream at Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.
FaceDeerDate: Saturday, 04.01.2014, 09:44 | Message # 4
Space Pilot
Might "underwater worlds" mean the sub-glacial oceans on ice worlds? That would be pretty awesome, there's a lot of those out there and it'd be nice to see some of the life that's cropped up in them. We'd need some sort of drill-submarine to get to most of them, though.
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Submarine Geography on Oceania? (Question of science v. game)
Page 1 of 11