Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » [Suggestion] A more advanced filter for the search? (Didn't find any posts similar to this, so...)
[Suggestion] A more advanced filter for the search?
Tangle10Date: Friday, 25.10.2013, 22:46 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
For example, you could search for a life terra within 100 parsecs and specify a temperature area, if it can orbit a planet or not, the kind of star it orbits... things like that. This would probably take the fun away for some, but for others it would not. My main fun in space engine is combing through the lists and using my own system to name planets.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 26.10.2013, 18:27 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
The online game will have such feature, but search will be done only through systems that was discovered by players. Like in real world: you cannot ask astronomy database to give you a list of all habitable planets in radius 100 ly around Deneb: there is no data. system will be added to search only after discovering by any player.

neutronium76Date: Saturday, 26.10.2013, 20:09 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: Users
Greece
FYI there is already a suggestion thread in the Feedback and Suggestions Subforum and it is also a sticky thread smile

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » [Suggestion] A more advanced filter for the search? (Didn't find any posts similar to this, so...)
Page 1 of 11
Search: