[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » 3D anaglyph glasses mode
3D anaglyph glasses mode
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 24.03.2012, 22:27 | Message # 16
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
I still do not understand this. If that software has hacked some DX functions that used to position the camera, then I believe that it is possible. But in my code I can send the camera position and rotation matrix as regular uniforms directly in shaders, and perform custom transformation calculation there. There is no way for external software to understand exactly where the camera calculations is performed.

CrommCruacDate: Thursday, 19.07.2012, 17:53 | Message # 17
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
That's why nNidia 3D Vision works only in DX not in OpenGL. In DX the calculations are partially done by the driver. Simply put, let's say you only should pass the position of your objects and the cameras to DX lib. After initial calculations by DX lib the driver takes over and recalculates that to the screen. 3D Vision driver then 'moves' the camera to the left and right displaying the views for left and right eye.

Anyway, SE is a great piece of software. I enjoy it very much. It would be even better if we could use it with 3D glasses but that would require re-doing the engine to use DirectX. And I know it is unlikely.

StopubDate: Sunday, 17.02.2013, 04:45 | Message # 18
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Is it possible to integrate the stereoscopic Nvidia 3D Vision ?

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 17.02.2013, 05:12 | Message # 19
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Stopub, a thread on this subject already exists here, please use the search function before creating new threads.

As I understand it, Nvidia 3D Vision is DirectX only, and SE is OpenGL. Also, given the vast differences in scales involved in SE, there is not much point in having a stereoscopic 3D mode.

It is not impossible that it might be implemented eventually, but it will definitely not be anytime soon.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » 3D anaglyph glasses mode
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: