RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Some questions about this incredible project
Some questions about this incredible project
GfamadDate: Sunday, 22.01.2012, 13:21 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Hello Space Engine community,

Being a long time space game enthusiast, I recently discovered Space Engine while searching for hidden treasure in this category (Like Pioneer, a great game also !).

I would like first to congratulate the devs. This project is totally incredible, even after having playing Elite 2, Pioneer, Evochron, and toying around with computer planetariums (I remember Redshift 3...). I even followed the (sorry for those who still believe in it) near-death Infinity universe (But I hope somewhere it's not dead). So I can say I know a little about Space sims programs.

Secondly, I saw many vids on youtube about Space Engine, and this program seems to amaze many people. That is an important point. Like I said for Pioneer, there is a gap to fill in the Space sims category (unlike FPS category tongue )

So, in my opinion of course, everything is here to make what could have been ... Elite IV. But maybe you are David Braben in disguise !

So here are my questions and maybe suggestions:

-Why not making a Minecraft-like pre-alpha buying method ? Why you will ask ? Simply because such a huge project needs Devs, maybe a team. Money is not everything, of course, but it will surely help this project to grow and becoming a long time project.

-How many devs are working on this project ?

-Do you have a roadmap or something like that ? Do you have an idea of what could be the final product ?

Anyway, a great great congratulation for your amazing work and count on me to spread the word and follow each step that this game/sims will make.

Gfamad

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 22.01.2012, 17:04 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Hi Gfamad!

Quote (Gfamad)
-Why not making a Minecraft-like pre-alpha buying method ? Why you will ask ? Simply because such a huge project needs Devs, maybe a team. Money is not everything, of course, but it will surely help this project to grow and becoming a long time project.

Do you suggest making SE paid? I think this is bad with current developement state. When I implement gameplay and server, it will be a good base for a paid online game.

Quote (Gfamad)
-How many devs are working on this project ?

I work on the code alone. Some people makes models and help with textures and catalogs. Here is the list.

Quote (Gfamad)
-Do you have a roadmap or something like that ? Do you have an idea of what could be the final product ?

Read these threads:
Gameplay
Ships
Physics
TODO

GfamadDate: Sunday, 22.01.2012, 17:13 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Thanks for your reply ! Your todo list is.... impressive, it's the less I can say !

Oh, and please, don't make an "online-only" game ! Don't forget the spirit of many space sims: Alone in a gigantic universe...

Gfamad

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Some questions about this incredible project
Page 1 of 11
Search: