RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Documentation of Space Engine (I'm writing an Essay on this program. Please, help me! :D)
Documentation of Space Engine
AstrofiloEsploratoreDate: Wednesday, 24.06.2015, 15:30 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
Hello, to everyone!

How are you doing? I feel a bit mmmh crazy to have subscribed here. This means that my passion for astronomy has gone too far! biggrin
But actually i love exploring universe and its secrets, but i don't want to list the reasons, it should be something that i subscribed a forum after 4 years!

So, the question now is: is there a documentation regarding the creation of Space Engine?
I'm writing an essay for my final oral exam (yeee!) and i decided to do it... on this program! I have done computer engeneer studies and i love videogames and astronomy so... i think that this is a perfect argument to expose! biggrin

But i'm having a lot of difficulties finding material which i could work on!

I need to know what kind of algorithms were used to create this program, i know a little bit of computer graphics and in general i know how a program and a game works but i want to expose something detailed, like i just disovered what's ray tracing or shading for example but i need the "basis" of how this thing works!

Anyway i also need it because as a programmer i want to get more in depth with this thing and give an hand where i can, and to do so i need to study a lot of things and after school i'll problably do it!

Let me know something, i hope for a successful answer, and thanks for this simulator, it's one of the most beatiful things i have used on a computer smile

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 25.06.2015, 15:27 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
You may read something about algorithms in the blog.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Documentation of Space Engine (I'm writing an Essay on this program. Please, help me! :D)
Page 1 of 11
Search: