Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » My Experience from Hd3000 to Radeon R7 250x
My Experience from Hd3000 to Radeon R7 250x
lbonoraDate: Saturday, 13.12.2014, 18:29 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Hello Everyone, I'm Luca, first time posting here to report my experience as it could be useful for more new users.
I discovered Space Engine some months ago.

On my system:
Intel i5 2500K @4.2Ghz, 8Gb, Intel Hd3000 integrated, Ssd 129Gb Crucial, 1200p 24" Ips screen, 385W Psu,

The gameplay was so laggy and frustating but still usable with patience at LOD -1. I had also many crashes. Fps from about 3 to 15.
So I decided to upgrade graphic processor and my choice was for a cheap and "not energy hungry":
Gigabyte Radeon r7 250 1Gb gddr5.
Gameplay is so fine now. with LOD2 I have from 20 to 45 fps. No any lag, just few seconds to render planet surface when I land. Gpu never become hotter than 50°c even with some overclocking. Just the 1GB is barely enough and it is all used. I have to change the main.cfg VideoMemorysize string.

The bad side of story is that I had to format my system as Amd drivers made me crazy to install despite of cleaning those about Hd3000.
--
I have just one question: In the search box, if I type "rs" or a code like "8404" it doesn't show me any results. How to find Procedural Stars/Planet?

Thank you,
Luca.

SalvoDate: Sunday, 14.12.2014, 11:29 | Message # 2
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote lbonora ()
I have just one question: In the search box, if I type "rs" or a code like "8404" it doesn't show me any results. How to find Procedural Stars/Planet?

All the procedural objects (starts, planets, etc...) will not display on the search box, the same for the object you personally gave a name, and for object that has more than 1 name (maybe because of a localization). This doesn't mean they can not be found, in fact if you write the name and press enter, it will select your object anyway, even if it's not displayed. wink

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

lbonoraDate: Sunday, 14.12.2014, 17:18 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Grazie molte, Salvo. I'll try biggrin smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » My Experience from Hd3000 to Radeon R7 250x
Page 1 of 11
Search: