Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Questions regarding the upcoming procedurally generated Life
Questions regarding the upcoming procedurally generated Life
kairunotabiDate: Sunday, 21.04.2013, 23:18 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
Philippines
I saw the list of planned features and something bothers me about procedurally generated life, we all know that aliens are far different from us(unless they live in a world the same of ours) either they're intelligent or not(a proceduraly generated planet with multiple life forms one or more can be intelligent enough to civilize their home world).

The question is, how would these procedurally generated life forms behave in a different ways? I think we would also have procedurally generated artificial intelligence feature with it. But is it really worth it to have generated ai for each kind of life forms we can see in this vast universe of SE? I mean how would a life form learn and evolve into intelligent being of some sort?

Procedural Life and Procedural AI will produce different kinds of life forms depending on their home world's conditions and can also be affected by what their planet is made off, also we may observe how this intelligent life form can develop from pre-historic into star explorers. Also in order for an intelligent species to gradually advance over time, they need to have some sort of their own languages and mathematics! We may also need to have an observer feature which will let us listen and read what they're talking and discussing about, also see how good their intelligence are and to see what they look like and/or help them develop into Tier III civilization through time.

I think we need to reconsider before developing these 2 major features, we need to have known and/or procedurally generated materials in these procedurally generated planets or celestial bodies and having such wide range of materials will result in a huge technology tree.

This is just a few of what we must and may encounter and should be planned and done before advancing into the world's most advance universe simulator in human history.

Donatelo200Date: Monday, 22.04.2013, 00:13 | Message # 2
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Oh i don't think this feature will be implemented for quite some time. Probably in the late 2010's or early 2020's is when we'll see procedural life.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Questions regarding the upcoming procedurally generated Life
Page 1 of 11
Search: