RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 2 of 18«12341718»
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » General SE questions (Post your question regarding SpaceEngine here)
General SE questions
HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 16
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
apenpaap and pepe8999, please refrain from using all-bold type. pepe8999, welcome to the forum and please read the rules, which ask you to refrain from that:
Quote (pepe8999)
fucking

Quote (pepe8999)
so if i bound to the sun with G

Or you can select the sun and hit Shift-F

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 17
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (Tank7)
Is it possible to specify some parameters

This was asked many times, and I always answer with this: no, such a function will never be implemented in the engine, because it destroys the exploring nature of the game. The only way to find a planet by parameters, shall be done in a search on a server database through which all planets will have already been explored by other players - such a function will be in the game though.

The other reason why it will not be implemented in the engine, is because the planet doesn't exist until its galaxy, star and planetary system are generated. The generation of the planetary system takes up to one second, so you may wait many years until SE finishes "searching" in the radius of 1000 parsecs.

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 18
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (pepe8999)
how i put the camera off the spaceship??

Camera is already off the spaceship, but, for example, if you are far from a solary system you can't see your spaceship, but it should be visible if you are near to the sun or any other star smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 19
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
such a function will never be implemented in the engine, because it destroys the exploring nature of the game.
Agree smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 21:41

pepe8999Date: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 20
Observer
Group: Users
Argentina
Quote (Salvo)
Camera is already off the spaceship, but, for example, if you are far from a solary system you can't see your spaceship, but it should be visible if you are near to the sun or any other star

I put "off" but i want to put "of", i want to see my spaceship like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bH4KleneFM

minute 23:22

I7 3770K 3.5 ghz 8 GB RAM 1600 mhz ATI HD 7750 1 GB Windows 7 64 bit

Tank7Date: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 21
Space Tourist
Canada
Okay, well I look forward to the user-generated archive of locations :)

Edited by Tank7 - Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 01:50

VladVoivodeDate: Wednesday, 16.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 22
Astronaut
Netherlands
I am glad that such a feature cannot be implemented. While I understand the OP's desire to explore specific world types, I also believe that the real beauty of SE is that at its heart as Vladimir suggested is the sense of exploration and discovery. I hasten to add that each person's experiences are as unique as each person so I don't want to pontificate. For me however, I love the sense of arriving a t asystem and finding something I never expected.

This is an exploration of infinite lifetimes but instead of focusing on what I will never see, I focus on what I might see. smile

Tank7Date: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 08:33 | Message # 23
Space Tourist
Canada
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
You may write a script where use the command LandTo and Center, but you need to enter Run command in the console to run the script. Maybe I'll make a configurable shortcuts for running the scipts.

Tthis script moves camera to this point of the selected object:
latitude = 60°
longitude = 30°
height = 100 km

LandTo 60 30 100
Center

To run it, type in the console (called by the [~] key):

Run ScriptName

Where ScriptName is a file name of your script file (it must be placed into the scripts filder: scripts/ScriptName.sc).

Hmm so you can specify absolute height. But the objects vary in size alot. Asteroids are tiny, planets small, stars large, and clusters/nebulas very large, and galaxies huge. I am talking about the "Apparent Size" parameter in the HUD where it tells you the Field of View angle the object takes up. This is the parameter I wish to control, so the object always just fits in my screen for example.

pepe8999Date: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 16:59 | Message # 24
Observer
Argentina
Hi guys, like the title saids, when i press F11 or SHIFT+F11 and then i go to the folder where the images go, nothing is there! Why is that ?

And other thing, if a see a planet, what i hav eto do to see the distance of that planet of EARTH and if that planet can sustain life.

Cya!, good luck!.

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 17:45 | Message # 25
Cosmic Curator
United States
pepe8999, a thread for asking questions like this already exists here. It is a sticky thread in the same subforum as where you made your thread. Please make some effort to locate an appropriate thread before making a new one.

Quote (pepe8999)
when i press F11 or SHIFT+F11 and then i go to the folder where the images go, nothing is there! Why is that ?

I have no idea why that is. Are you sure you're looking in the correct folder? And also, screenshots with HUD is not Shift-F11, it's Ctrl-F11.

Quote (pepe8999)
what i hav eto do to see the distance of that planet of EARTH

When you're near the planet, simply select Earth (either search with F3 or hit Shift-H 3 times) and see what the distance is.

Quote (pepe8999)
and if that planet can sustain life.

If it has life, it will say "with life". You will have to determine for yourself if a planet without life is capable of sustaining it by looking at its surface, atmosphere, and physical characteristics. In the next version there will be an ESI (Earth Similarity Index) value in the HUD that will do some of this for you.

My SE mods and addons

TimDate: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 17:53 | Message # 26
Explorer
Belgium
For the screenshots problem, try running your se as an administrator. If that doesn't work, try relocating it towards your desktop or dowloads folder.

Edited by Tim - Thursday, 17.01.2013, 18:09

pepe8999Date: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 17:55 | Message # 27
Observer
Argentina
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
pepe8999, a thread for asking questions like this already exists here. It is a sticky thread in the same subforum as where you made your thread. Please make some effort to locate an appropriate thread before making a new one.

Quote (pepe8999)
when i press F11 or SHIFT+F11 and then i go to the folder where the images go, nothing is there! Why is that ?

I have no idea why that is. Are you sure you're looking in the correct folder? And also, screenshots with HUD is not Shift-F11, it's Ctrl-F11.

Quote (pepe8999)
what i hav eto do to see the distance of that planet of EARTH

When you're near the planet, simply select Earth (either search with F3 or hit Shift-H 3 times) and see what the distance is.

Quote (pepe8999)
and if that planet can sustain life.

If it has life, it will say "with life". You will have to determine for yourself if a planet without life is capable of sustaining it by looking at its surface, atmosphere, and physical characteristics. In the next version there will be an ESI (Earth Similarity Index) value in the HUD that will do some of this for you.

Thank you, i installed Space Engine yesterday, i downloaded it and then i download Patch 0.9.6.2, i extract all in the SE folder and overwrite it, i did good?

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 17.01.2013, 18:23 | Message # 28
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (pepe8999)
i did good?

Did you also remember to delete your cache folder before running it?

Also, why did you make that huge quote when you didn't respond to any of it?

My SE mods and addons

pepe8999Date: Friday, 18.01.2013, 01:06 | Message # 29
Observer
Argentina
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Did you also remember to delete your cache folder before running it?

Why i have to delet the cache folder, if i remove that folder, the pictures that i take with F11 dont save. If i dont remove the folder, i CAN take pictures with F11.

One more question, in SE, the resolution can be change? or not?.

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 18.01.2013, 01:33 | Message # 30
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (pepe8999)
One more question, in SE, the resolution can be change?

You can resize your window to any resolution you like. If you mean fullscreen resolution, you can adjust that in the main.cfg file

Quote (pepe8999)
Why i have to delet the cache folder

Because if you don't the patch does not install correctly. Anyway, the folder rebuilds itself the next time the program is run, and it has nothing to do with screenshots. If it affects your screenshot ability, you probably did something wrong with installing the patch.

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » General SE questions (Post your question regarding SpaceEngine here)
Page 2 of 18«12341718»
Search: