RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » What music gear will you be using and how? (This thread is for musicians who are or will be contributing)
What music gear will you be using and how?
VladVoivodeDate: Monday, 10.12.2012, 13:52 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
Netherlands
Hi all,

I thought it would be cool to discuss what gear and approaches we musicians are or will be using to create music and ambient sounds for SE.

I am using the following:

Korg Kronos Music Production Station: This is my main instrument for composition. It has nine different synthesis engines on board plus vector synthesis built in. Additionally, the sampling capabilities are really bleeding edge for hardware. What's more, any external sound source can be routed in Kronos and processed by any of the synth engines.

Fantom X: fully maxed out workstation with a very intuitive sampling component: 51 minutes stereo and 102 minutes mono. Sample looping, truncation, slicling, etc. are all very intuitive. Like Kronos, you can also record external instruments, sounds, and samples into the Fantom.

Kurzweil PC3: I am using this for creating sounds that combine the best of traditional instruments as well as doing weird things like converting a cymbal hit into wind as one of many esoteric examples. Programs on this can be 32 layers deep, each with its own DSP algorithm per layer. These can then be combined in Setups for terrifically massive complex evolving and animated material.

Korg Radias: This is a perfect instrument for Jarre and Tangerine Dream type approaches as well as a palette for very experimental soundscapes.

I am also using a Yamaha Motif Es and Roland XV-88 for additional layering capabilities.

I think we could all help each other by exchanging ideas in terms of workflow and working out ways to help SE with integrating our original compositions.

Namaste,
Vlad

Edited by VladVoivode - Monday, 10.12.2012, 13:54

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 10.12.2012, 18:44 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Good idea !

In my case, I use the demo version of FLStudio, with DW samples (I don't have a good recording gear).

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

CaptainCreepyDate: Wednesday, 12.12.2012, 18:12 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Great idea !

I also use Fl Studio Producer Edition, with a lot of vst and soundbanks. I'd use synths like Absynth or some of the one included with FLS to create an electronic ambiance. Then, I'd use orchestral instruments for more melodic parts.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » What music gear will you be using and how? (This thread is for musicians who are or will be contributing)
Page 1 of 11
Search: