[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 10 of 13«128910111213»
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Oculus Rift
Oculus Rift
SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 29.12.2014, 00:53 | Message # 136
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
rich_hard1, can you describe your problem with a bit more detail? Which graphics card do you have, etc. The crash log woulb be very useful. Did yiu tried the fixes described in the troubleshooting OP? http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-2615-1

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 29.12.2014, 00:58 | Message # 137
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote anakaa4 ()
First thing I tried with the Oculus Rift is to see how black holes look like. I think they need a bit more work, or we have found some peculiar behaviour of 3D black holes

Black holes are far from finishing even in "2D" mode.
BTW, did you know you can hide the GUI toolbars? Click a small circle buttons near the screen corners. Panels are not very good to use in Oculus mode.

NeoRacerDate: Friday, 02.01.2015, 05:13 | Message # 138
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Is there a way to hide the 'menu frame' that appears on the left, right and bottom of the screen with icons? Its ruining the effect in the Rift to have this in the way of the beautiful view?

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 02.01.2015, 07:36 | Message # 139
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote NeoRacer ()
Is there a way to hide the 'menu frame' that appears on the left, right and bottom of the screen with icons?

Yes, just click the pin buttons on them.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

NeoRacerDate: Friday, 02.01.2015, 08:12 | Message # 140
Observer
United States
THANKS VERY MUCH WOW!

Destructor1701Date: Friday, 02.01.2015, 16:49 | Message # 141
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
How is it that no new Rift videos have sprung up on YT? I expected them to multiply like rabbits as soon as 972 came out!

IckyChrisDate: Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 15:10 | Message # 142
Observer
China
Here is a little gallery of Space Engine renders through God's Eyes, and viewable in Oculus Rift.

Space Engine 3D God Eye Renders

I hope you all enjoy, and understand why I would love to have a God's Eyes option.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 15:43 | Message # 143
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote IckyChris ()
why I would love to have a God's Eyes option.

It's already implemented. Shift-Mousewheel changes the stereobase, so you can get 3D depth at any scale.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

IckyChrisDate: Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 19:22 | Message # 144
Observer
China
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
It's already implemented.

Wow. Thanks! And great news....but a bit worrying. I doubt I'm going to spend much time looking at the real world in the near future.

VostokTheROBOTDate: Monday, 16.02.2015, 22:47 | Message # 145
Observer
United States
So my brother brought over his Oculus DK2 and let me borrow it for a while. I used it on Space Engine and spent some time sitting on the moons of gas giants staring up at the huge orb looming overhead. I took the Oculus off to find I had been playing for 45 minutes when it felt like only 10. This kind of stuff is what Oculus was made for. Absolutely.

My only problem is it's very difficult to start a game with Oculus because if I start the game while the Oculus is on, I can't interact with the main menu. So I have to turn it off before I start the game, then start it, go to Settings, change it to Oculus mode, exit the game, then start it up again with the Oculus on. Then it'll work. Other than that, it works very well.

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 17.02.2015, 10:33 | Message # 146
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote VostokTheROBOT ()
My only problem is it's very difficult to start a game with Oculus because if I start the game while the Oculus is on, I can't interact with the main menu. So I have to turn it off before I start the game, then start it, go to Settings, change it to Oculus mode, exit the game, then start it up again with the Oculus on. Then it'll work. Other than that, it works very well.

Why you can't interact with the main menu? Start SE, switch to oculus mode, press Shift-Enter to move SE window on Oculus display (it must work in the extended mode), press Alt-Enter to toggle fullscreen, and play. When you exit, SE saves settings and the next launch will be on Oculus. To interact with the main menu, move mouse on the Oculus display and you will see the cursor.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 02.03.2015, 07:42 | Message # 147
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Oculus just got some serious competition

A 1,200 by 1,080 pixel screen in front of each eye, with refresh rates of a blistering 90 frames per second, displays photorealistic imagery that fills your field of vision in all directions, eliminating the jitter common to previous VR technologies and transporting you to another world.

http://www.htcvr.com/
http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-vive-developer-edition/

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

AerospacefagDate: Monday, 02.03.2015, 19:39 | Message # 148
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
DoctorOfSpace,

VALVE

I knew that would happen.
You know what's going to happen next.

Added (02.03.2015, 18:39)
---------------------------------------------
about 10 days ago I was in our biggest mall in the center of the city (I haven't been there since last November) and I saw a pavilion here , or rather little rack with PC that was featuring Oculus Rift DK2. They usually show simple and smooth programs like "roller coaster" and "Panic Room", but I'm going to try something quite more complex. I talked about this stuff with people who are here at that demonstration, and they think it is possible to test something way more complicated.

So I'm going to pick an SE copy from my home and bring them to test it, their system is similar to mine. Although I'm not sure it will be going too smooth, it will have a good impression. Also I have to get to know how to get around compatibility problems because my actual vision is -6.00 diopters and I wouldn't see a thing without my glasses probably.

vrisreallycoolDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 14:25 | Message # 149
Observer
Pirate
Dk2 is sent to you Vladimir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=376vTw9vO_g&feature=youtu.be

I messaged you the track number via the message applet.

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 08.03.2015, 22:18 | Message # 150
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Great, thank you! Release of 0.973 may be delayed a bit, if I found what DK2 integration will be relatively easy.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Oculus Rift
Page 10 of 13«128910111213»
Search: