RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 8 of 8«12678
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How did you find Space Engine? (And what was your first session like?)
How did you find Space Engine?
VeroxDate: Thursday, 18.02.2016, 02:52 | Message # 106
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
I had it mentioned to me by a friend, been following ever since.

lolcats12345Date: Thursday, 17.03.2016, 05:18 | Message # 107
Observer
Group: Users
United States
i saw a video of it on youtube a few years ago, thought it was awesome and downloaded it.

Near_VoidDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 12:06 | Message # 108
Observer
United Kingdom
I watched a video of Scott Manley, I was Instantly hooked and wanted to download it asap, The first time I logged on I loved it.

sinsforealDate: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 19:22 | Message # 109
Space Pilot
United States
Near_Void, Same here fam

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

rooksbailey8Date: Friday, 01.04.2016, 05:46 | Message # 110
Observer
Pirate
I saw a screenshot on the Elite: Dangerous forums and was blown away by the beauty. Downloaded it out of curiosity with the idea of only mucking about for a few minutes....It is now days later and I have invested a bunch of hours in SE, have a growing collection of screenshots and videos, donated to the project, and haven't looked at ED since. LOL! Wow, that is lightning in a bottle right there!

Godspeed, dev! I can't wait for the Steam release. Hope it makes as big a splash as KSP. biggrin

Edited by rooksbailey8 - Friday, 01.04.2016, 05:47

HornblowerDate: Tuesday, 19.04.2016, 20:36 | Message # 111
World Builder
United States
Scott Manly brought me here during 0.9.7.1 smile First time playing, I was hooked. Couldn't stop exploring for months

Edited by Hornblower - Tuesday, 19.04.2016, 20:37

AwalysDate: Sunday, 01.05.2016, 19:56 | Message # 112
Observer
Poland
On Tumblr, a person I follow posted some screenshots of the game and a link. Obviously, I clicked, and now I'm here.

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Sunday, 01.05.2016, 23:32 | Message # 113
Explorer
United States
I bumped into SpaceEngine more than a year before I download it because I was sure my computer can't handle SpaceEngine, then on 25 August 2015, I downloaded SpaceEngine and was exploring great landscapes from where I started.

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Don_SolarisDate: Wednesday, 04.05.2016, 20:29 | Message # 114
Observer
Pirate
I found out via Anton Petrov.

Great YT channel and he uses Space Engine for some of his videos. In fact i was looking for Universe Sandbox on YT, when i found his channel and learned about Space Engine. I was instantly blown away! In fact i no longer have any interest for the Sandbox thing. Maybe in the future... idk.

andyroostaDate: Thursday, 05.05.2016, 19:47 | Message # 115
Observer
United Kingdom
Tried it years ago. forgot about it...found it again via youtube and now i'm having lots of fun making videos, screenies and generally messing about with it!

Edited by andyroosta - Thursday, 05.05.2016, 19:47

MixaDate: Friday, 06.05.2016, 19:36 | Message # 116
Space Tourist
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I was into space games for a while ( particulary spore ) and then I found out about NMS and procedural generation. I was sure there was something similar to it somewhere, but I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Then I googled "space games similar to NMS" and got Space Engine as the first result. I was sure it was nothing compared to NMS when I read the short description about it. But when I googled the images, and when I tired it myself, I was simply blown away!

Now I plan to study both programming and astronomy because of it. There is a major called Astronomical IT at the Faculty of Science, and I'm deffinitely going for that. Exam will be hellish, but I'm giving it my best!

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How did you find Space Engine? (And what was your first session like?)
Page 8 of 8«12678
Search: