RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 41234»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » SpaceEngine | Exploring the Universe series ((youtube))
SpaceEngine | Exploring the Universe series
TalismanDate: Monday, 16.07.2012, 02:30 | Message # 1
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Exploring the Universe Series Has Begun

Exploring the Universe
Series II

-Continue our progress as we move onward, out into the universe exploring different phenomena and space objects following a distant probe.-

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Special Episode X

Second Season: Exploring the Universe

Episode planet location codes:

Edited by Talisman - Tuesday, 12.02.2013, 02:42

BaradrimDate: Monday, 16.07.2012, 09:34 | Message # 2
Observer
Group: Newbies
Poland
A nice series, indeed.

Quote (Talisman)
(Did anyone imagine my voice like it really is from my posts?)

I read posts without any voice.

TalismanDate: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 22:12 | Message # 3
Pioneer
United States
Quote (Baradrim)
A nice series, indeed.

Thank you. cool

Quote (Baradrim)
I read posts without any voice.

Haha, I guess I'm the only one who attaches voices to posters I see around often based on their views and usual tone of their post.

Anyways, the second episode is out now! And it's even better then the first, check it out here:

http://youtu.be/yASkmeMvSqw

I've updated the OP with information and links to the episodes.

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 22:58 | Message # 4
World Builder
Antarctica
Very nice vids, and a cool idea to do. One tip I have for you is to reduce the FOV, as 60 degrees is really silly large and produces pretty huge distortion at the edges of the screen. Twenty degrees is realistic on most monitors, and what I usually have my SE on, as there's no distortion and things look as large as they should, but it can make it hard to find things not on screen at the moment. I find 40 degrees a good compromise, producing little distortion but also making not making the FOV annoyingly small.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:04 | Message # 5
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (Talisman)
Haha, I guess I'm the only one who attaches voices to posters I see around often based on their views and usual tone of their post.

I do that too but for some reason only when i read a post from HarbingerDawn or apenpaap. I read Harb's posts with the voice of Carl Sagan because of his avatar (at least i think it's Carl Sagan) and apepaap's posts with a really weird voice that is hard to describe (this is because i for some reason just love his avatar. It's hilarious biggrin )

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Edited by Antza2 - Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:16

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:13 | Message # 6
World Builder
Antarctica
Hahaha, I talk with a really weird voice in your mind? XD And thanks about my avatar; it's the dancing sprite of Bob the skeleton pirate from The Secret of Monkey Island.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

TalynDate: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:22 | Message # 7
Explorer
Portugal
Quote (apenpaap)
The Secret of Monkey Island.

You should run a Pole to see how many in this forum ever played the series biggrin

"My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!
So you got that job as janitor, after all."

Aaah Good times :P

PC: Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz & 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640 MB VRAM
Laptop: Intel Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz & 4 GB DDR @ 1066 - NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:23 | Message # 8
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (apenpaap)
it's the dancing sprite of Bob the skeleton pirate from The Secret of Monkey Island.

So my gut was right when i suspected it was from The Secret of Monkey Island. I have never played the games but somehow i knew tongue

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

TalismanDate: Wednesday, 18.07.2012, 23:38 | Message # 9
Pioneer
United States
Quote (apenpaap)
Very nice vids, and a cool idea to do. One tip I have for you is to reduce the FOV, as 60 degrees is really silly large and produces pretty huge distortion at the edges of the screen. Twenty degrees is realistic on most monitors, and what I usually have my SE on, as there's no distortion and things look as large as they should, but it can make it hard to find things not on screen at the moment. I find 40 degrees a good compromise, producing little distortion but also making not making the FOV annoyingly small.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Ah I thought my FOV was relatively normal, I've always played Space Engine at the default FOV so maybe that's why it looks the most natural to me. I can try out some different settings. cool

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 19.07.2012, 00:13 | Message # 10
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
I use FOV 45° personally. 60° really is too large for most circumstances, though for getting certain screenshots on a planetary surface it can be good. Any Celestia veterans here should be used to small FOVs; the default at 1920x1080 resolution it was 39.3°, and at 1024x768 it was 29.5° smile (FOV was per pixel rather than absolute, so everything would have the same angular resolution regardless of your display size).

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

TalismanDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 01:27 | Message # 11
Pioneer
United States
I just can't bring myself to use a different FOV, maybe my eyes are just weird. cool

The third episode is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gRFRvQQgF8&feature=g-u-u

TalismanDate: Saturday, 21.07.2012, 00:27 | Message # 12
Pioneer
United States
Fourth Episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvyF6bx7SU&feature=g-u-u

Going into a globular cluster. cool

RSC 8403-1653-2-51-71

n7275Date: Saturday, 21.07.2012, 23:39 | Message # 13
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Almost time for another one, aye?

TalismanDate: Sunday, 22.07.2012, 00:16 | Message # 14
Pioneer
United States
Hehe, indeed. I have an extensive dinner tonight, but I might manage to do one even later tonight, if not I will do one tomorrow. I'm glad I have people that enjoy watching. cool

TalismanDate: Tuesday, 24.07.2012, 00:55 | Message # 15
Pioneer
United States
Episode 5 released! Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xv2jr58_8&feature=g-u-u

cool

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » SpaceEngine | Exploring the Universe series ((youtube))
Page 1 of 41234»
Search: