[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 41234»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Space civilizations official new thread
Space civilizations official new thread
DeathStarDate: Monday, 06.01.2014, 20:09 | Message # 1
Pioneer
Group: Users
Croatia
The space civilizations game is one where participants build their own interstellar empire-through colonization,diplomacy or outright war.

This thread will be the place of the information and news about the game.

APPLICATIONS

Applications are made via PM. Send me a PM containing the following info:

Name of species/civilization: These can be anything of your choice
Home planet: Pick any planet with life in a 10 parsec region around the following star: RS 5251-57-0-0-0. You can choose any type of planet except for gas/ice giants since these would lack the resources to start a civilization in the first place. Also, you can have up to 3 inhabited planets in your system. You also must name the planet.
Political regime: Will be explained below
Player colour: With which color you will be presented on the map
Flag: [Optional]
Short description: [Optional]Would be nice to help with the lore

================================================================================
The player's capital's coordinates will be visible to anyone but the rest (like population, tech advances and so on) is hidden.
Players will know where they are , but can't communicate with each other or get any information about each other except for
those posted here. Player to player communication is available after researching appropriate tech and building embassies in their homeworlds.

Now the regime pick. There are several regime choices which define your civilization. How your civilization came to be unified?
The bonuses and planet stats will be explained later, but for the sake of RP, please choose blindly.

Dictatorship

+ manpower increased from 15% of total population to 25%
+ military science increased +50%

- home planet's happiness starts at -25
- population on home planet 8billion instead of normal 10 billion
- civic science -25%

Trade union

+ home planet's happiness starts at +25
+ +50% consumer goods production
+ +100% credits from tax income
+ starts with 15bil total population instead of 10bil

- manpower decreased from 15% total population to 7,5%
- military science -25%
- credit prices for ship building doubled

Communist utopia

+ home planet's population growth increased from 5% to 7,5%
+ civic science +50%
+ mineral extraction +25%
+ industrial capacity +10%

- cost of colony buildings doubled
- tax income -50%
- cost of civic improvements doubled

Now these are just templates, you can create your own, which will be reviewed and if it
doesn't give you an unfair advantage, you can use it.
But you'll probably want to know these stats and all before we start, rigt?

Now onto the stats.
Each planet has it's own.
The main stats are

TOTAL POPULATION : current/growth per hour/total available/ total possible
MANPOWER : current/percent of total pop.
MINERALS : current/income per hour/total available on planet
CREDITS : current/income per hour
HAPPINESS : current
INDUSTRIAL CAPACITY : total/allocated for consumer goods/allocated for infrastructure/allocated for construction/allocated for extraction of minerals

TOTAL POPULATION

This is the most critical stat of all. You can

Current - all civs (unless modified) start with 10 billion population which is minimum.
Growth per hour - the percent which the population increases per hour. Unless modified all civs start with +5% pop. growth. on their homeworld-type planets
Total population available - the maximum number of population that can be on a planet. Once the population reaches this limit, it's growth will stop.

MANPOWER

This stat is used to create ground military units and workers.

Current : number of available manpower currently
Percent of total population : the manpower is determined by your total population. All buildings, ships and infrastructure consume except credits and minerals manpower to build it. By default, 30% of the population can be converted to manpower

CREDITS

This stat shows how many credits you have and get per hour.
With credits you pay for labour to your manpower to build infrastructure, ships and other.
Consumer goods and mineral extraction are free and require only a one-time consumption of manpower according to it's allocated Industrial Capacity (IC)

current : self explanatory
income per hour : each citizen gives you 0,1 creds per hour

MINERALS

Current : each civ starts with 1000 tonnes of minerals
income per hour : dependent on your allocated Industrial Capacity to it's extraction.
Total available : Dependant on planet type and mass(will be explained later)

HAPPINESS

The contempt of your citizens. If this drops to -100 a coup will happen and you will flip a coin.
If you survive, you lose half your colonies and half your ships. The Happiness rises to -50.
Effected by global events and your actions, decisions.

Starts at 50 by default and maximum is 150

INDUSTRIAL CAPACITY

Your industrial capacity (HoI players know this already) is the power of your factories, how many of them you have and so forth.
At the beginning of the game you must choose how you split the available planet between civic infrastructure and industrial capacity.
In short, you divide the land to how many you can house and how much stuff you can produce. This makes you able to later customize and specialize the colonies.

100% focus on industry gives the possibility of up to 1,000,000 factories on homeworld-type planets, while 100% focus on civic infrastructure gives the possibility of up to 50,000,000,000 people on homeworld-type planets.

Once per day, you may change the IC allocation between the four branches, the Civic-Industrial allocation is permanent.

total - amount of factories you have at disposal. default 200,000 at the beginning
allocated for consumer goods - amount of factories producing consumer goods, increasing population growth 1% for every 10,000 allocated factories and increasing happiness by 1 for every 10,000 allocated factories
allocated for infrastructure - amount of factories working on infrastructure (lets you build science labs, build housing, increasing available pop. capacity or building planetary defences and terraforming tools). 1 building point per 10,000 factories
allocated for construction - amount of factories building ships and military. 1 spaceship point per 10,000 factories
allocated for extraction of minerals - amount of extractors mining minerals. +1 minerals per hour for every 5,000 factories

Early on, industry is limited by the greenhouse effect of the planet and by the atmospheric pressure of the planet in this way:

Due to pollution control, greenhouse effect will reduce the max number of factories you can have:
0-20K: -5% total factories
20-40K: -20%
40-60K: -25%
60-80K: -30%
80-100K -40%
100K+ -50%

A big atmosphere is nearly always beneficial due to the abundance of useful gases in the atmosphere. Atmosphere with a pressure greater than 20 atm are on the other hand bad for production since it would be hard to control machinery without crushing it:
.5-.8Atm: +2% Production
.8-1.5Atm: +4%
1.5-5Atm: +10%
5-20Atm; +20%
20-40Atm: -25%
40-60Atm: -35%
60-200Atm -40%
200-1000Atm -50%

RESEARCH

At the beginning of the game, everyone will get a list of beginning technologies they can research, their benefits and their cost. After one tech is researched, I will list them new techs that are possible to research.

If you want, you can get creative and tell me a tech you thought of yourself. You will tell me what tech you want to research and what benefit(s) it gives you, and I will tell you how many research points it requires based on how advanced it is and the benefits. Don't get too ahead of time, however.

INFRASTRUCTURE

You will tell me what you want to build from the preset buildings(benefits and production points, manpower and minerals required given at the beginning), and I will inform you once it is finished building.

Like research, you can make up a building yourself and tell me the benefits. If it is balanced and your tech is good enough, I will tell you the total cost of everything.

SPACESHIPS

Unlike infrastructure, there are no preset ships. Instead, you will have to make a "mark" of a ship yourself.

This is done by telling me the name of the mark and designating which and how many parts you want on it. Parts are classified into categories, and parts from every category have certain properties(explained in the combat section):

You can create fleets and name them. You can assign ships to the fleet if they are on the same location as the fleet itself.

COMBAT

Fleet-to-fleet:

Fleet-to-planet- Troops can be unloaded on enemy planets which will fight with the local garrison, which can be made by the defender by assigning manpower. A similar combat system goes here. A dice is rolled, and if the local garrison has 10,000 troops(local troops get a +10% bonus by default) while the attacker has 20,000 troops, if the dice is between 0 and 11,000 1000 troops from the opponent are killed. If it is between 11,000 and 30,000 1000 troops from the defender are killed.
Ships that can bombard can also attack the planet, reducing the defenders strength by 0,1% in battle for every 1 bombardment point the fleet has. Defender strength can be reduced by a maximum of 50%.

COLONIZATION

With starting technology, you can colonize the following types of planets(depending on your homeworld type):
1. Terra- Terra+Oceania+Desert(non-extreme)
2. Oceania- Terra+Oceania
3. Desert- Desert+Terra
4. Ice world- Ice world+Terra+Oceania
5. Titan- Titan+Terra+Desert

All other types must be researched

When you want to colonize a planet/moon, you will need to tell me which fleet is going to transport the colonists, from which planet, to which planet and how many colonists will be sent(the maximum amount depends on the maximum space your fleet has).

Colonies with a population smaller than 10,000 and/or have less than 1,000 factories need to be maintained with 10 credits and 10 minerals every hour.

BENEFITS OF HOMEWORLD TYPES

================================================================================

Phew, that was long. Tell me if there is anything unclear in the sections I added or that you think wouldn't work. Other than that, you can start sending me applications.

Edited by DeathStar - Saturday, 11.01.2014, 17:47

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 06.01.2014, 23:07 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I'll try.

A few month ago, I start to create such a game, but I lost my custom systems, and I havn't enough time to make new.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 00:08 | Message # 3
Pioneer
Croatia
Voekoevaka, this whole RP was inspired by the one you made.

Also, due to the lack of terras, it is now allowed to actually edit one to add life, as long as you give me the exported system.

DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 00:49 | Message # 4
Pioneer
Croatia
Current civilizations(list will be updated, we aren't starting yet, this is just to make sure people don't accidentally take an already occupied system, which already happened).
Species/Civilization name: Valerion
Player: HarbringerDawn
Homeworld: Valerion/RS 5251-57-7-1021676-301 3
Regime: Social federal republic
Color: Dark blue(RGB 16 34 94)
Homeworld picture:

Flag:

Backstory: None currently

Species/Civilization name: Moltenia
Player: Quontex
Homeworld: Hioth/RS 5251-57-8-8173413-129 B4
Regime: Dictatorship
Color: Red
Homeworld picture:

Flag:

Backstory: (coming soon)

Species/Civilization name: The Nam'ros / The Union of Kars'tac
Player: Phobos
Homeworld: Kars'tac/RS 5251-57-8-8173412-89 7
Regime: Trade union
Color: Black
Homeworld picture:

Flag: Coming soon
Backstory:

Species/Civilization name: The Kovan tribe
Player: Voekovaka
Homeworld: Kohpanowa/RS 5251-57-7-1021676-228 4 (custom planet)
Regime: Elitist Councelled Anarchy
Color: Green
Homeworld picture(map):

Flag:

Backstory:

Species/Civilization name: Limnians : the Limnian civizilation (derived from "limni", Greek for "Lake")
Player: RockoRocks
Home Planet: Limnos / RS 5251-57-8-8173413-93 3
Political regime: Trade Union
Player colour: Cyan
Homeworld picture:

Homeworld map:

Flag:

Backstory:

Species/Civilization name: Inscitia
Player: Disasterpiece
Homesystem(Homeworld not yet specified): RS 5251-57-9-65387309-200 B
Political Regime: Trade Union
Color: Very dark red (like a blackish red)
Homeworld picture: TBA
Backstory:

Attachments: 3125637.png(14Kb) · 0365013.png(162Kb) · 0502440.png(26Kb)

Edited by DeathStar - Saturday, 11.01.2014, 15:08

VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 02:14 | Message # 5
World Builder
France
New flag for the Kovan tribe :

Attachments: 6179598.png(14Kb)

Edited by Voekoevaka - Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 07:21

anonymousgamerDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 02:51 | Message # 6
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Dammit Harb, I had that planet picked a while before this post got updated. Oh well, time to hunt for a new system.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 07:12 | Message # 7
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote anonymousgamer ()
Dammit Harb, I had that planet picked a while before this post got updated.

I suspected that other people would find it, that's why I tried to rush to get my submission in. 10 parsecs isn't a large amount of space when so many people are going to be searching for a terra with life around a sun-like star sad

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 07:20 | Message # 8
World Builder
France
Yes, I choosed it first too, and this is the only terra with life I found around a G-star. With the lack of terras of this version, this is not obvious to fine one.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 07:35 | Message # 9
Cosmic Curator
United States
I found a couple of other nice terras if anyone is having trouble choosing a planet.

RS 5251-57-8-8173412-138 B1
RS 5251-57-8-8175169-25 3

There they are, whoever claims one first in their application (if anyone) gets to have it.

My SE mods and addons

QuontexDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 08:17 | Message # 10
Explorer
Australia
I found the second one before, Only reason i didn't choose it is becuase its tidally locked.

DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:22 | Message # 11
Pioneer
Croatia
I could increase the range to 30 parsecs if people want. I now see that 10 parsecs is way too small.

PhobosDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:35 | Message # 12
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
I would prefer 20pc as the middle way, by 30pc I fear the area would get a little bit huge biggrin

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:39 | Message # 13
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote DeathStar ()
I could increase the range to 30 parsecs if people want. I now see that 10 parsecs is way too small.

I think 20 could be good. The only issue is that there will be many thousands of systems in that space, so people could be very hard to find if they colonize non-obvious systems. Maybe gameplay should be limited to systems with white dwarfs, and stars K4 and above?

My SE mods and addons

PhobosDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:45 | Message # 14
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
yeah by 20pc diameter we have more then 10.000 Systems. So it is already a little bit big biggrin
or we try 15pc ? 15pc already doubles the diameter of the game area.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:47 | Message # 15
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Phobos ()
yeah by 20pc diameter we have more then 10.000 Systems

I think you mean 20 pc radius smile it's already 20 in diameter

And yeah maybe 15 would work

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Tuesday, 07.01.2014, 12:47