[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 2 of 7«123467»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Fear of Black Holes
Fear of Black Holes
SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 07.10.2011, 14:00 | Message # 16
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Darkside lights will not be included in next version. So I think intelligent life can wait a while...

TalismanDate: Saturday, 08.10.2011, 19:04 | Message # 17
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Darkside lights will not be included in next version. So I think intelligent life can wait for a while...

Of course, but perhaps you could add an additional parameter to the seed so there's a low chance for planets with life to be Intelligent planet with life(wouldn't be any different from a normal planet with life yet). Would make it more fun to try and find planets like that since they would be a little rare, and once you develop the darkside lights later you could just add them.

gpaw5765Date: Sunday, 09.10.2011, 13:03 | Message # 18
Astronaut
Spain
Quote (Talisman)
Of course, but perhaps you could add an additional parameter to the seed so there's a low chance for planets with life to be Intelligent planet with life(wouldn't be any different from a normal planet with life yet). Would make it more fun to try and find planets like that since they would be a little rare, and once you develop the darkside lights later you could just add them.

I already made a similar (but more detailed) proposal in this post:
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/14-112-1

Unfortunately, I think SpaceEngineer doesn't agree very much with my views on gameplay.

Check my Space Flight Simulator for Android!

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 09.10.2011, 13:16 | Message # 19
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
SpaceEngine has no gameplay yet. When I implement night-side lights, I will of course then make procedural lava, bioluminescence and city lights. Then it will be time to add "... with inteligent life" string into planet's info smile BTW, how would we distinguish bioluminescence from artifical lights from orbit? It may be a part of gameplay! wink

boyan3001Date: Sunday, 09.10.2011, 18:01 | Message # 20
Astronaut
Serbia
Far as I get SpaceEngineer's idea about SE, it is ment to be scientific accurate. So, implementation of simple statistical chance for some terra planet to host life is very... unscientific. Perheps, SE should take some parameters first, like energy that planet recives from sun and other nearby environment and bodies and other possible devastating influences, to determine if planet is habitable for known life form.

Realno...

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 09.10.2011, 19:29 | Message # 21
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Habitable may be only on terras with liquid water on surface. Liquid water is possible only if average temperature is between -50 and +100 C (roughly). Temperature is determined by solar irradiation. Atmosphere pressure is determined by temperature and surface gravity. Surface gravity is determined by planet mass.

Of course, SE requires some additional parameters: radiation level (I mean corpuscular radiation), meteorite bombardment rate, sun activity rate, and, most important, planetary system and planet's evolution.

Another thing that must be done - is "supporting" of unknown lifeforms like nitrogen, crystalls, life under ice crust, or so.

boyan3001Date: Sunday, 09.10.2011, 22:50 | Message # 22
Astronaut
Serbia
That would be cool stuff, of course. But first things first. I think that lifeform generation is second stage.
And that leads to another question. Do SE generate systems/plantes whitin rules and laws of physics... I mean in manner that is not possible to have ice world close to the sun? Or, if it do not work that way yet, guess you will implement such code?

Realno...

Edited by boyan3001 - Sunday, 09.10.2011, 22:52

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 10.10.2011, 11:23 | Message # 23
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Of course SE use physics laws. Look on my previous message.

Joey_PenguinDate: Friday, 06.07.2012, 23:51 | Message # 24
Pioneer
United States
Quote (Zblade495)
Aside from system consisting out of 5(!) stars nothing really happended untill -BANG- a black hole appeared on my screen, bending the light around itself.

And THAT'S Why I fly manually to my destinations.

Quote (LordHaHa)
Imagine the old stellar holes out there. Without the visual aid of a galactic core system or a globular cluster as a reference, you might never see them coming.

True, but remember that stellar holes are really small, and space is reeeaaallllllyyy big. I think you have a better chance of ramming into a star that you're not travelling to. And you can still see the warping from a distance.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Edited by Joey_Penguin - Friday, 06.07.2012, 23:54

PuddleJumperDate: Thursday, 07.08.2014, 18:49 | Message # 25
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
wacko That just happened to me, that scared me..

ChromeBallzDate: Thursday, 07.08.2014, 19:14 | Message # 26
Space Tourist
Netherlands
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Habitable may be only on terras with liquid water on surface. Liquid water is possible only if average temperature is between -50 and +100 C (roughly). Temperature is determined by solar irradiation. Atmosphere pressure is determined by temperature and surface gravity. Surface gravity is determined by planet mass.

Of course, SE requires some additional parameters: radiation level (I mean corpuscular radiation), meteorite bombardment rate, sun activity rate, and, most important, planetary system and planet's evolution.

Another thing that must be done - is "supporting" of unknown lifeforms like nitrogen, crystalls, life under ice crust, or so.

Those additional parameters aren't in yet i assume. Do you mean age when you say evolution? That would be another necessary parameter.

With all the stuff that's been found in trenches on earth - some silicone based (!) lifeforms and other creatures able to survive without any sunlight whatsoever - life should be possible on Europa-like planets and moons at least. Given from what we know now, it's also possible to find (surface) life on planets with very high gravity/dense atmospheres orbiting brown dwarves as well, which makes more temperatures possible as well. With things like tardigrades around i think the requirements for life can be very loose indeed.

Anyway... Back on topic.

Black holes are scary. Despite how simple they are they still unnerve me when flying up close.

Zaddy23Date: Friday, 08.08.2014, 00:50 | Message # 27
Space Pilot
Australia
Black holes freak me out also, especially the music that plays when you get near them just enhances the feel of The very basics of the universe itself being stretched to breaking point.

Maybe that's why we hate them, we are the universe being afraid of something that "hurts" it...

2deep4me

Along with fezes and bowties, brown dwarves are cool.

Edited by Zaddy23 - Sunday, 10.08.2014, 11:02

WwadlolDate: Friday, 08.08.2014, 11:33 | Message # 28
Space Pilot
Norway
Zaddy23, Yeah i have always thought about it that way too. The iron in our blood that were forged in the stars, and pretty much everything else in our body. So, it could just be common sense to be afraid of a black hole.

Antza2Date: Friday, 08.08.2014, 11:43 | Message # 29
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote Wwadlol ()
The iron in our blood that were forged in the stars, and pretty much everything else in our body. So, it could just be common sense to be afraid of a black hole.

When elements start forming opinions, we are all screwed. tongue

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Zaddy23Date: Sunday, 10.08.2014, 11:01 | Message # 30
Space Pilot
Australia
Quote Antza2 ()
When elements start forming opinions, we are all screwed.

lol

In a weird and wonderful way it makes sense.

Along with fezes and bowties, brown dwarves are cool.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Fear of Black Holes
Page 2 of 7«123467»
Search: