RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Interactive 360-degree panoramic Space Engine video (using krpano to display immersive Space Engine videos)
Interactive 360-degree panoramic Space Engine video
mortalDate: Tuesday, 05.03.2013, 05:23 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
United States
Hello, I have been experimenting with the krpano panorama viewer. I didn't see anything like this on the English forum nor elsewhere and thought it would be fun to make. krpano can display videos in the equirectangular projection for a full 360-degree view, the same software that those Russian photographers in a Mi-28 used to capture the four simultaneous volcanic eruptions on полуо́стров Камча́тк.

(NOTE: video is 450MBs at 2.1MB/s. It will pause and buffer like a youtube video. I would suggest allowing the video to load for a time by pausing it)

See the video panorama at http://www.richardjhacker.com/v/vpan

Hold mouse1 and drag to move, or use button controls.

Also WARNING: music auto-plays, MUTE button is in lower left.

One frame from the flat video:

Process for creating this video:

• Set display to Fisheye, minimal circle crop, and set window to a square resolution (eg. 1920x1920)
  • Record
  • Create Hugin PTBatcher template for 360-degree circular fisheye lens, project as Equirectangular. I was too ignorant to use whatever command line, so wrote a lua script to create these similar 5000+ files.
  • Batch-transform the images from Fisheye to Equirectangular (15-20 minutes)
  • Use ffmpeg or any other video editor to stitch images into video at an acceptable quality (5-20 minutes)
  • Use krpano
  • Work XML voodoo to include plugins, copy example code
  • Upload to your website

You can also make still panoramas by using Space Engine's skybox export feature along with virtual tour hotspots (like Google Street View), for much higher quality still images. I am sure many people here have done this. See some early experiments at http://richardjhacker.com/v/tour.html (initial image and image to the right, at moon, taken in Space Engine) and this early one at http://richardjhacker.com/se/vtour/tour.html (click the arrow to move between planet and moon).

I am bad at composing videos and things. The first one I did above is really just an experiment, and it cut off early. So, if anyone has a script I could run that they would like to see as a video panorama, I would like to use it! The krpano license legally permits the holder to create a project using a license for someone else to put on their own website. Just send me your script, and if I am able, I will send you a self-contained 360-degree video panorama for your own purposes, or just post it here or in the videos thread.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 05.03.2013, 07:58 | Message # 2
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (mortal)
2.1MB/s

This is 20 times faster than my internet can load, and I'd have to let this load for over an hour to view it sad

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 05.03.2013, 16:14 | Message # 3
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
That was really awesome. You should definitely do more like this.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

mortalDate: Tuesday, 05.03.2013, 17:09 | Message # 4
Observer
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Quote (mortal)
2.1MB/s

This is 20 times faster than my internet can load, and I'd have to let this load for over an hour to view it

Ah, that is indeed unfortunate. Here is a version of the video projection with a framerate of 3 FPS, reducing the rate to approximately 300KB/s (loaded mp3 is an additional ~37KB/s):

http://richardjhacker.com/v/vpanlow/

Halowraith1Date: Tuesday, 09.04.2013, 18:14 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
United Kingdom
Could i ask how to get the starlight like that? With my SpaceEngine, from a distance, stars have the more common depiction, a central point with many vectors of light. However, yours is like a Galaxy viewed from the side: thin planes with a central bulge.

assuming direct control

SpyroDate: Thursday, 11.04.2013, 22:00 | Message # 6
Explorer
United States
AMAZING.
Did you make the music yourself?

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

Crashman1390Date: Friday, 12.04.2013, 23:09 | Message # 7
Explorer
Canada
Halowraith1, Press N a couple of times.

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

Halowraith1Date: Saturday, 13.04.2013, 15:36 | Message # 8
Space Tourist
United Kingdom
Quote (Crashman1390)

It didn't do anything.

assuming direct control

Crashman1390Date: Monday, 15.04.2013, 19:41 | Message # 9
Explorer
Canada
Hm... That usually turns what you are describing on... I'm not a moderator, but that usually changes the starlight, ect. What you are having may be a bug. you can post you problem here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-705-1

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 15.04.2013, 20:24 | Message # 10
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Crashman1390)

I think you might mean 'B'

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Interactive 360-degree panoramic Space Engine video (using krpano to display immersive Space Engine videos)
Page 1 of 11
Search: