I started to make built-in wiki system. So far, it only works with the planets. Information about the planet is divided into 4 pages - general, physical properties, orbital properties and atmosphere. I also started doing supporting of the database that will store information about the discoverer of the planet, its description and the name given to it by the discoverer. Wiki supports localization, that is, names and descriptions can be given in a language that is currently used in the engine. I.e. in the database you can enter the information and the names of all the Solar system planets and named stars in German/French/etc, thus obtaining a full localized SpaceEngine.
The first example - the Earth. The name of the planet in the upper left corner may be in your local language (on Russian forum I post the same images with Russian GUI and Russian name of our planet). The name may be taken from the database, so no modifying of the scrips required. Description is taken from Wikipedia.
The second example is a procedural planet. Now it is possible to give names and descriptions for procedural planets
- Complete the system by supporting for all other types of objects - stars, galaxies, and so on (including ships).
- Full integration into the engine, search by database name in the F3 dialog
- Edit the description of the object - is required to create a mini-text editor (so far I've type the descriptions simply in the database script)
- Supporting for export and import of the database, so that users can share their databases already in the next version, not waiting for network supporting.
- Ability to view information about several planets simultaneously - for a visual comparison of the sizes, masses and other parameters, with the ability to sort the table by any row.
- Supporting for different measure units, i.e. possibility to switch parsecs to light years, kilograms to the masses of the Moon, etc.